Follow Me On Instagram

Instagram

Monday, November 25, 2013

My Illustrated Food Calendar

/>
/>
/>
All of the original pastel paintings for the calendar are very tiny still lifes measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They were done with pastel pencils and Rembrandt or Sennelier stick pastels on Mi-Tientes papers. I set up the arrangements to draw on my drafting table and it was convenient that we belonged to an organic farm cooperative this year. I had never seen such beautiful radishes! My husband cuts the slits in the top of the little wooden cubes and then I paint them with gold acrylic and I make each of the little envelopes that hold the individual months. Some months, like December and the summer months, are easier to come up a food that represents the season. Others, like April, are tougher. I tried to come up images that were representative, but not over-used.
Available for purchase here.

No comments: