Follow Me On Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Stocking Up

Canned goods and dried beans flew off the shelves of supermarkets at the beginning of the Covid-19 lockdown. At one point I had put together a list of items for my husband to pick up. He texted me pictures of empty meat displays and barren shelves that had once stored paper napkins and paper towels. One item on my list was "couple of large cans of tuna". Little did I know that my husband would interpert that as the 66 oz size, the size that looks as is it should be in the kitchen of the school cafeteria. I realize now that he was not left with any more reasonable size options and amid the chaos and long lines he simply took what was available. We made it work though. I used almost half of it in a pretty tastey tuna noodle casserole with peas and gruyere cheese. I froze the rest!

No comments: