Follow Me On Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Brown Bear in the Woods

My husband and I hiked last Sunday through trails on state land in Hunterdon County, NJ, about 6 miles from where we live. On our way out of the woods my husband stopped and gestured for me to stay quiet. I thought that he was probably going to point out a deer, but when I looked about 60 yards to the left of the path, I saw a gigantic brown bear moseying along. We slowly retreated for a few yards and then VERY slowly headed out of the woods. When I tell people about it, they say "Awwwwwwwww", but it wasn't so much cute as it was scary. In retrospect though, he was an awe inspiring sight. He is the "model" for my mask that I finished yesterday.

2 comments:

michele said...

Glad you returned in one piece after that encounter and were able to "draw" inspiration from it! Looked like a nice place to take a hike, up to that point!

Linda Hensley said...

A beautiful mask! Brown bears (probably?) don't want to eat you. Of course there's no good reason to give them the opportunity to consider it. Glad you made it out of the woods alive :)