Follow Me On Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Masquerade Masks

My husband and I are going to a masquerade party early next month. I don't have any strong personal connections with the idea of a "masquerade" possibly because of my Protestant background. Romeo and Juliet always comes to mind when I think of a party where guests are partially disguised with masks. I googled "masquerade" and found some interesting historical background on Wikipedia. Apparently masquerades date back to 15th century France where masks were sometimes worn as part of a marriage celebration. Venetian masks are also legendary and worn as part of Carnival.
I think I will take this mask with me. And since it is hand held it I won't feel committed to wearing it for the whole evening. Particularly if no one else shows up with a mask!

No comments: