Follow Me On Instagram

Instagram

Friday, May 25, 2012

Illustration Friday: Faded

This is a cropped section I did some time back of a bouquet of wild flowers in a glass pitcher. Do you sometimes do a sketch that you like for one reason or another, but you can't quite picture it as a finished piece? When I saw that the topic for today was "faded", I immediately thought of the flowers in my garden and about how quickly everything becomes faded after the long wait for them to bloom. I don't mean for that to sound so pessimistic, honestly I don't. Maybe I'm feeling this way because we had a downpour here last evening and my peonies were just beginning to come into full bloom. On the upside, I planted beets and tomatoes from seed and they are doing surprisingly well. I'm looking forward to checking their nice and slow progress each day!

6 comments:

Miss Crumpet said...

Loving the purples and pinks on the dark paper, gives a more moody feel to a still life.

michele said...

A beautiful and colorful bouquet of wildflowers- as soft and easy going as a pair of faded blue jeans!
Sorry about the peonies in the rain- hope they didn't completely collapse! :o)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh the colors and the illustration is magical. Great work. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me. I so appreciate you taking time to do so. Best to you for a wonderful week.

Abby said...

This is really nice! Sometimes it's hard to decide when to stop with "just a sketch". This feels very right! Nice take on the topic, too. Thanks for stopping by my place :)

Linda Hensley said...

One of the things I really like about blogging is that it gives a place for stuff that might not go into a frame but is still worth looking at. I like the looseness of this piece, and all flowers are good :)

Shirley said...

So true about gardens and flowers! This is a beautiful piece..it captures the prompt perfectly Vicki!