Follow Me On Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mannequin Head

I wanted a different way to show some of my masks since I don't have a real live model willing to help me out. Even if I did have someone to model, it's difficult to get good shots that look decent, after all I'm not a professional photographer. I picked up a white styrofoam head at my craft store that is really more the size of a child's head than an adult woman, but I thought I could make it work. The pure white plus the styrofoam texture are a little creepy looking. I decided to collage the entire surface with small scraps from the newspaper. I used Mod Podge underneath and over the paper and used only sections with consistent type sizes so that nothing would stand out. I wanted the mask to be noticed, not the mannequin. Before starting I also stained the paper with some coffee and a sponge brush.

No comments: