Follow Me On Instagram

Instagram

Friday, March 30, 2012

Paper House


Certain themes are reassuring to return to. I find images of houses evocative and inviting. I also enjoy turning paper into something 3D. I created a template to make this little house (less than 4 inches along the foundation), did the art in pastels and printed it on card stock. I cut it out, scored it and used a glue stick to put it together and then photographed it out in the yard this morning. Those shadows are from the weeds in our lawn. Why do they always grow faster than the grass? Template available here.

14 comments:

Shirley said...

This is SO lovely, Vicki!! What a beautifully illustrated sweet home! I see a story coming on. Have a fabulous weekend..and don't worry about the weeds..relax! : )

NANCY LEFKO said...

wonderful little house!

Bella Sinclair said...

OH! Ooooooh! That is so cool! And I loooooove the loooooong shadows. Very dramatic. Wee houses conjure up so many stories and imaginings about wee goings on!

Linda Hensley said...

I like the shadows too. Lovely house! I'm almost feeling inspired to make something 3-D too :)

Ana said...

Beautiful house! The shadows make it look mysterious.

Nicky Linzey said...

Oh this house is so sweet. I think weeds are beautiful anyway (this just makes me feel better when they're out of control in my garden!)

Susanna said...

what a nice idea and great house!

Jan McLaughlin said...

Jeepers creepers, Vicki. I love the impetus to feel this image in so many ways. You're on a roll!

Sarah Melling said...

I adore this! I've loved paper models of houses and buildings ever since I was a child. I think you should do a whole village!

Nancy said...

SOo cool! I love the shadows. ... Gosh it sounds loke a lot of work ... :p

get zapped said...

What a fascinating idea. I like how you took such simple things and made something so real. I'd love to explore the inside :)

Amanda Dilworth said...

This house looks great, looks like it has a story to tell?

michele said...

Hi Vicki, so nice to "return" to find this charming little home you've created! Even like the weeds and the interesting shadows they cast- I never would have guessed, unless you shared that! (So used to that part of my "landscape," anyway! lol)
Great job, as always! :o)

Katrin said...

I love your picture!